Saturday, May 13, 2006

Whose Nose Gets Rubbed in it Now?

i don't want to over simplify things, but my person would never give me away just because i shit on the carpet. i would never want to hurt her or upset her, so i don't shit on the carpet.

shouldn't everyone behave like this?

it has occurred to me that #1 was being treated to a good-long nose rubbing by #2. why? because #2 felt guilty.
now, realistically, that would have been like me crapping on the rug and rubbing my person's nose in it. funny,yes; painful-- yes. effective, no. loving? not in my bowl.

now, why would #1 let her nose get rubbed in the carpet? probably for the same reasons i do. because when you love someone, you trust that they are doing what is right. even if it doesn't seem like it and you can't make sense of it, you trust that they are doing it for a reason.

at some point, though, when the rug is dry and the nose is still getting a good friction burn, it's maybe time to look in the other room and see if the person doing all the protesting isn't in fact the one who is taking a dump on everything.