Wednesday, May 17, 2006

They Grow Up So Fast...

well, i gotta say, the road ahead looks pretty bumpy--
and, i'm sure she'll be crying into my fur on more than one occassion--
but i'm proud of my person today.

she ditched me to hang out wih some new people, and i couldn't be happier for her. some people think she is aloof and distant, but in reality she is shy as hell. trust me, once you get to know her it's the opposite. maybe that's why so many people misread it at first; some never change their opinion. i remember she used to always feel socially awkward around #2's people because she didn't want to embarrass her mate.

me, i don't worry about these things.
if i wanna lick my ass, i'm a-lickin' and i'm a-likin'-- and i don't care who's around.
my person... not so much.

but tonight, she put herself first for 2 hours, and i couldn't be prouder.

maybe tomorrow i will convince her to hit the gym and come home and write,
or one or the other.

baby paw steps...